Saturday 21 December 2013

My first blog ever!

My claim to fame is that I'm the youngest member of the team, I will be fourteen a few days before the trip. My parents were a bit nervous about the trip at first but after talking it through they are happily supporting me.

Sophie and Ian held an info night for parents and they spent some time praying. My mum had a picture of the youth really discovering God for themselves, similar to when you find someone in hide and seek.

I love being away, experiencing new things and travelling to new places. India, I thought I would be the first one in my family to go there but my Nanny has just told me that she is going to Goa in January. I think she is going to check out my luxury accommodation and leave all my favourite snacks there for me.

I am not too keen on curry but maybe I will get used to it! My Dad and my brother John are delighted to practice eating curry with me!

When John found out I had been accepted he did one of his famous belly slides across the kitchen floor, delighted to have 2 and 1/2 weeks of freedom.

I'm part of the Adult Puppet Team at church and I am really hoping that I can get hold of some puppets to take with me to teach the children there some puppetry skills. My vision is to teach them some songs and maybe put on a show. Watch this space.

Now onto the financial aspect, fundraising. Sam and I are planning a disco on Saturday 15th February which we anticipate will be THE SOCIAL EVENT OF THE YEAR. Also I am hoping to get hold of some prestigious signed merchandise obviously from Manchester United, but I wouldn't turn down second rate merchandise from Chelsea if offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment