Tuesday 14 January 2014

It’s Finally Time!


Even since I was 14 years old I wanted to go to India with Christchurch youth but my Mum has always said no because she worries about me being okay, but it wasn’t until 2012 when I was applying for India summer mission 2013 she said I could go.  Then I suddenly had God saying no because he didn’t wants us going to India he want us as a youth to do something else, just like we did. So back in October 2013 when the application form came out for India 2014 I felt straight away this is the year and it was right my mum and God both said YES!!

When I’m on the team India I’m so excited because I cant wait to develop the relationships I have with the rest of the team stronger and being there for each other when we are struggle when we are out in India. I’m always really excited seeing all the kids and serving them, I have heard so much about the India mission and how fun it is to play and spend time with the kids, and now it just makes me so excited that that I get to see what everyone is talking about when I go out in the summer of 2014.

Even though I’m excited about going to India, I am also really scared. The main reason is that it my first time going to India. I’m always scared that I’m going to miss my Mum and family. Going on mission to India does mean that we need things, jabs and tablets so that we don’t get ill. I’m not scared of jabs but they don’t like me, the doctor has to lay me down and leave me there up to half and hour after the jab this because my sugar levels go really low and this is what really scares me getting them done, so prayer for this would be amazing. I am not that keen on curry but the more I eat it the more I’m starting to like it, so I’m hoping that by the summer I will like it like other food.

One of the big things I’m scared of is getting the money so that I can go to India.
Fundraising is really hard and trying to work out what I should do for fundraising is really hard. I keep writing to my college asking to do cake sale but not getting anywhere at the moment. The only way which is keeping me going and not giving up on fundraising is the support of my friends/team and praying to God asking him for his help.


Overall I feel excited about going to India because we have a great team and a lot of us are going for the first time, which makes everything even more exciting. We have to two great people (Sophie and Ian) leading the team to India, which is also really exciting. I think the main thing I need and also the team needs is prayer and lots of it. I think the things I need prayer for are jabs and fundraising.

No comments:

Post a Comment